2 thoughts on “Djenaba Diallo – Multimodal Project

1. Mya Lewis

After viewing this work, I feel like this is a great project. Djenaba did a great job with this. The first thing I noticed was Afrocentricity, by Molefi K. Asante. The most important thing I got from this was to remember to always include paraphrases and quotes into my work for citing reasons. Djenaba included sufficient evidence for her project, Her explanation of how she connected these works are clear. The connections drawn between these texts are logical and interesting. There is a clear works cited list displayed. This project displays a high level of creative thinking because, Djenaba goes into depth of the people in her project and she also connects the project back to Asante’s Afrocentricity. The most innovative aspect about her project was her explanations was her points of reasoning, I enjoyed reading her project. I would rate this project a 5. Everything seems to align with an ideal project that the professor has put for this project so I believe that Djenaba has met all requirements. The genre of this text, maybe Autobiography, I’m not really sure what to call it. I will rate her use of Imagery a 5, she tried her best to include as much pictures and context and details of those pictures as possible. Two grows: I loved her work entirely, I liked her thesis and claims, they were well written. I also enjoyed reading her connection to afrocentricity, I though her work was very neat. Two glows: I would try to not include as much detail as she did for her project, given that it was a powerpoint, I would try to be as concise as possible. For the pictures, I would’ve included more detail for them as well. Other than that, she did wonderful!

2. Franceiry Rosario

Hey Djenaba,

When I first took a look at your work it looked really similar to the individual and group presentations we did in class which I liked. Just by scrolling and skimming through it, you illustrated clear and very organized work. Also, when reading through it, it showed me that you knew what you were talking about and you gathered important information about both Fred Hampton and Molefi Asante without overdoing it with unnecessary facts. The first thing I noticed were the pictures on the slides of Fred Hampton. You stated that “police launched a carefully planned raid against the Panther headquarters and murdered Hampton, where 99 shots were fired in his apartment.” Hence, you made sure to include a visual of the aftermath in Hampton’s apartment so the reader (me) can see the damage police caused to a man’s home and life simply because he understood the oppression towards African Americans and publicly talked about it. The most important thing I remember was, “As he said, revolution is nothing but like having a sore on your body and then you put something on that sore to cure that infection” (Djenaba’s presentation). I really like this analogy because the sore equals racism, inequality and oppression headed for the black community. Thus why Hampton believes as said by you, that to get rid of the racism (infection) the black community needs to come together and “relate to our history and take position in all aspects of it.” I completely agree with the statement and you did a good job explaining it.

This project does contain sufficient evidence because you followed the guidelines of the rough draft which were to have a “works cited (this means you need at least 3 quotes in your written accompaniment)” and you made sure to have at least 3 quotes in your project that were elaborately explained and your explanations showed the clear connections between Hamptons belief and Asante’s theory of Afrocentricity. Due to you including quotes you made sure to add a works cited page so good job remembering that because a lot of people tend to forget about listing their sources. Like mentioned in the previous paragraph you had a similar structure to our individual presentations. However, I like how you incorporated photographs of Fred Hampton, the logo of the Black Panther party and my favorite; the picture of four colored people raising their fists up in their air for justice and equality. These photographs show the premise of your project, which is black identity and power. Furthermore, you showed creative thinking because you combined the ideas of these two black men; one is a philosopher and one was an activist. You showed that you understood their similarities so good job with that. The design of this project deserves a 5 because everything is organized and I liked that you didn’t try to put all the information in one slide.

To add on, this project is nonfiction and informative. Even though the color of the slides could have had more color to not make it look so dull I’ll rate the use of color, images and/or media a 5 because everything else is well done. Moreover, two glows I’ll give you is your organization and how well you explained the similarities between the historical figure and Asante’s theory of Afrocentricity. To be honest there’s really nothing to “grow” on with this project because I really liked it because you follow the assignments rubric.

I enjoyed reading this project, have a good winter break.